The mission of the BDC is to:
● Foster, encourage, assist, support, and promote economic development through the establishment of business enterprises;
● Promote social welfare for the well-being of our community;
● Promote social welfare by eliminating prejudice and discrimination in an economic context;
● Combat community deterioration through economic development, and;
● Lessen the burdens of government through beautification of the Town.
The BDC was formed in 1995 by the Town of Brunswick as a local development corporation. In 2013, the Board of Directors determined that the organization should move towards independence from local government. In 2017, BDC obtained its 501(c)(3) charitable non-profit status, allowing the organization to seek private funds and further its mission.
Larissa Darcy, President
Bill Morrell, Vice President / Secretary
Vincent DiCara, Treasurer
Nat Henshaw, At-Large
James Mason, Town Councilor
Kate Foye, Town Councilor
John Eldridge, Ex Officio
85 Union Street
Brunswick, ME 04011